READ Ecclesiastes 1:1-11
If only I had ___________________________ I would be really happy.
Solomon’s question: After all the pleasures of life are used up, what do you think will remain to satisfy your hunger for life?
Grab a pen.
Answer the following questions in your journal.
- What do you hope the “evening” of your life looks like?
- What type of house do you plan on living in?
- What kind of car will you drive?
- What kind of salary do you hope to have?
- Will you have kids? Do you have kids? A cat? Dog? Fish? Plant?
- Who will your friends be?
- What will you wear?
- Where will you live?
- What will be your job title?
- What will make you happiest in 20 years?
Now, grab some matches or lighter.
After you have written your answers on the page in your journal, tear it out. As you start or end your day, read through the answers. begin your prayer time by burning this page (in a safe place of course). Pray that God would be your success and your happiness. Pray for a present and a future experienced with God.
See you back here tomorrow.
(Stripped Clean, Storm)